You’ve accepted the challenge and have created videos. However you are at a loss of how to share them with your friends or readers of your blog. To share your videos on your blog you will have to embed the videos from the platform you chose to upload your video. Sounds difficult but it truly isn’t, with some practice you will be sharing videos right away.
If you upload your video to Youtube, you will notice on the bottom part of your video an area to share. I will show a graphic below that points out the area that you will look for on Youtube for the embed code. Youtube has also made it possible to share your videos on different social media platforms and also shares a link for you to post in your emails.
This is simply an example. Youtube has made it easy to copy your embed code. Follow these simple steps:
- Go to your account
- Go to the ‘your videos’ section
- Choose the video you want to share on your blog
- Below the video is a button that reads <embed> click on that button
- There will be options for sizes, and colors
- Copy that code
- Go to your blog, if wordpress go to your dashboard, start a new post, click on html option
- pasted the embed code and you’re done
This may sound complicated but once you do it more than once you will find that it is not difficult at all. It is important to paste the embed code on the html version of your page.
So, these were some easy steps, now it’s your turn. Embed your video to your site and share the link to your post below for all to see. Sharing videos on your site is fun!